New products being added daily, please call if you don't see the item you're looking for! ATTN: Customers with in store accounts must select "Bill My Account" as your payment method at checkout.

Masterchem KILZ® Mold & Mildew Interior | Exterior Primer

Masterchem Industries

SKU: 7381056
  • $44.33
    Unit price per 



KILZ® MOLD & MILDEW Primer is a water based primer-sealer-stainblocker that is specially designed for residential surfaces in high humidity, moisture and temperature environments such as kitchens, bathrooms, powder rooms and laundry rooms. It offers excellent adhesion to both interior and exterior surfaces and provides a sound anchor for paints. The EPA registered active ingredient creates a mold and mildew-resistant film that protects the primer film from mold and mildew growth.

KILZ MOLD & MILDEW Primer will block most medium to heavy stains including felt marker, grease, ink, pencil, tannin and water stains. It is a fast drying, low odor, very low VOC formula and is easy to clean with soap and water. Not recommended for floors.

 

Product Specifications

 

 

Preparation, Application & Clean-Up

SURFACE PREPARATION

The following steps are recommended for product performance.

  • All surfaces must be clean, dry, free of dust, chalk, oil, grease, wax, polish, loose or peeling paint, rust and all other foreign substances.
  • If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute, rinse well and allow to dry.
  • Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface.
  • Glossy Surfaces: For maximum adhesion, scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming.*
  • Mold or Mildew Covered Surfaces: This product is designed to prevent mold and/or mildew from forming and contaminating the primer film before topcoat is applied. Although it is designed to be applied directly to mold and mildew prone surfaces, any existing mold and/or mildew on the surface should be removed before priming and painting. This will ensure best results. Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming.
  • Masonry, Brick and Plaster: KILZ MOLD & MILDEW Primer may be used on clean, dry, aged masonry surfaces. New masonry must be allowed to cure (dry) at least 30 days before applying KILZ MOLD & MILDEW Primer.
  • Fire Restoration: Not recommended. Primer Recommendations: KILZ® ORIGINAL, KILZ® ORIGINAL INTERIOR/EXTERIOR and KILZ® RESTORATION.

*WARNING If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. Contact the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD or logon on to www.epa.gov/lead.

 

APPLICATION

  • Eye protection is recommended. For spray applications, a small amount of water (no more than 1/2 pint per gallon) may be added. Do not thin for stainblocking applications.
  • Only apply if surface, air and product temperatures are between 50°-90°F (10°-32°C). Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use. Apply using a brush, roller or sprayer.
  • Brush – High quality Nylon/Polyester.
  • Roller – High quality 3/8-1/2" nap on smooth surfaces or 1/2-3/4" nap on semi-rough or porous surfaces.
  • Airless spray – .017-.021" tip / 60 mesh filter.
  • Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
  • Stainblocking: After priming, test for stain bleed-through by applying the topcoat to a small section. If the stain bleeds through the topcoat, apply a second coat of primer and test again before topcoating the entire area. If bleeding continues, a longer dry time is needed before topcoating.
  • Tinting: KILZ MOLD & MILDEW Primer may be tinted with up to 2 ounces of universal colorant per gallon. Tinting to a lighter shade than the topcoat is recommended.
  • Coverage: 300-400 sq. ft. (27.87-37 m2) per gallon depending on application method and surface porosity.

DRY TIME @ 77°F (25°C), 50% RH

  • Dries to the touch in 30 minutes at 77°F (25°C) and 50% humidity.

  • Recoat or topcoat after 1 hour.

CLEAN-UP & DISPOSAL

  • Clean equipment and paint spatters with warm, soapy water.
  • Do not dispose of this product down a drain. Please consider donating any unused product. For recycling or disposal information contact your local household refuse collection service.
  • If spilled, contain material and remove with an inert absorbent. Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with all current federal, state and local regulations. For recycling or disposal information contact your local household refuse collection service.

We Also Recommend